Whitewater Safety Training
Whitewater Safety Training-2 days
Grade of whitewater (2-3)
Check back soon for 2024 course dates
Join us for the most important piece of whitewater tuition you'll ever receive. Your British Canoeing Whitewater Safety Training will be an immersive two day experience with hands-on scenario based learning. We will practice life saving techniques so that you can make sure that you are as well armed as possible to the realities of risk inherent in whitewater kayaking.
To find out more about the course and its syllabus, click here.
What's included in the price:
- Professional coaching from an experienced and qualified member of staff.
- British Canoeing Whitewater Safety Training attendance certificate. Pre-requisite for all river based leadership and coaching qualifications.
-Action planning and future mentoring
What's not included in the price
-Boat hire or equipment use.
-Parking or river access fees.
• Personal kayaking clothing - especially footwear suitable for scrambling around banks.
• Throwline – Floating high visibility rope, minimum length 15m, minimum diameter 8mm.
• River Knife – sharp, safely stowed but easily accessible single-handed.
• 2 to 3 Karabiners – Locking HMS pear shaped anodised alloy karabiners.
• An un-knotted 3 – 5m length of tape webbing
• Buoyancy Aid with quick release chest harness
• Kayak / canoe & paddle
If there are any items on the list you do not have access to, please ask us for advice. Our aim is to have a variety of equipment on the course available to to share within the team.